A new platform for online end-term course evaluations was implemented in the Winter 2021 term. This involved replacing the third-party vendor and underlying technology used to deliver and analyze evaluations. We did not alter the standard questions used in the form nor Stanford's current approach to course evaluations. The new system, EvaluationKIT, replaces the previous system, What Do You Think?, that was used for online end-term course evaluations since 2006. EvaluationKIT also replaces the system previously used to support custom questions, CourseLeaf, bringing the entire course evaluation process under a single, modern system.
We selected EvaluationKIT at the conclusion of a two-year process that included gathering extensive feedback from the Stanford community and exploring new options in the commercial course evaluation space. Our high-level goals were to implement a modern system that could better satisfy Stanford’s unique evaluation needs, improve the user experience, and provide the robustness and reliability lacking in our current vendor setup.
You can access EvaluationKIT through the following link: evaluationkit.stanford.edu
Additional information is available on these pages:
- FAQs regarding the platform and rollout
- Schedule of online training sessions
- Department request form for additional information or to schedule a platform demonstration
- Proxy Request Form to assign someone to add custom questions to your course for you
- Instructions for customizing your Course feedback
- Instructions for customizing your Section feedback
- Instructions for how to access Course Reports